'

Monday, September 24, 2012

Stuff I Watched This Weekend


I caught a wee bit of a head cold somewhere between Friday night and Saturday morning. I spent my Saturday night laid the fuck up in bed, and when I couldn't sleep anymore I watched this movie:


Moments before Laurie gets the news that her father's died in a tragic accident his ghost appears to her, giving us the first clue to the plot. A bunch of strange things start happening, with people seeing Laurie in places she swears she wasn't, and later it's revealed she has a twin sister. I really don't want to spoil it because it's so preposterously good! But I will tell you that astral projection has a bunch to do with this shit show. It's GREAT!

Then, I caught SNL. My favorites were the opening scene with Jay Pharoah as Michael Strahan, and Weekend Update of course. Aside from Seth's "What Are You Doing?" I really dug on the Ann Romney piece:


Then, Sunday night I switched back and forth between 60 minutes and the Emmys. Claire Dane's acceptance speech was so BOSS. She dropped a "Holla!" to one of her coworkers, gave big ups to the "boss men" at the studio, and then shouted out her "baby daddy." Way to keep it trill, boo.

On the 60 minutes interview - The candidates were asked similar questions and asked for details. Mitt looked tan as hell. (I can't.) He made his points, but he just isn't as honest and transparent as he really needs to be. Obama is intelligent and honest and forthright. But there's no surprise there.



Romney's best answer was when the journalist asked "Can you win this thing?" and he answered, "I'm gonna win this thing." If he does win then way to with that confidence. If he loses this was the golden line!

No comments: