'

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

And Then, The World Turned Around, Smiled, And Handed You Your Dreams.



Don't Sleep.

I'm going to make this brief, and refrain from detailing specific, personal instances. Please feel free to share this with everyone born in the late 1980s, or any part of the 1990s.

Just because the internet and electronic technology has boomed and blossomed (can/do mechanical things blossom?) and communication, and entertainment have always been readily accessible and available to you, and you were sold the glitz, glamour, and rise to fame of many shiny, charismatic, and sometimes talentless celebrities, DOES NOT MEAN THAT WHATEVER YOU WANT IN LIFE IS GUARANTEED TO YOU JUST FOR SHOWING UP.

There are two ways for people to get what they want in the world:

Be smart. Be more than smart, be intelligent, think out side the box. Be a critical thinker, examine angles, learn to read people, seek out solutions, develop exit strategies, USE YOUR NOGGIN.

Be determined. Do not give up. Do not shy from hard work. Do not cower at, nor wallow in rejection. Push. Strive for success. Aim for achievement. WORK HARD AND BE WILLING TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY.

The most successful people of our time are typically a combination of both. Some people choose success, and they go after it. If you're smart enough to know that success requires work, then you're on your way - whatever your desired goal may be.

If you can't grasp that work is rarely ever easy... well, best of luck enjoying your unfulfilled, crappy life, where all you do is complain.

There's a lot wrong with things. Everyone's got something going on in their life, and the world is far from "perfect." But if you're not willing to do the harder things - like sacrifice, like stay focused, like think and develop solutions, or try new tactics, then maybe you actually deserve your present circumstance.

And don't think for one second that you don't deserve it. Unless you've tried and exhausted every possible maneuver then you're right where you ought to be because you've placed yourself there.

I say this to myself as much as to anyone else. I'm in the midst of a hardcore change of circumstance, and lights are being shed left and right. Things are not always pretty, but I always knew that. I have no doubts in the changes afoot, because I usually always get what I really want, because I'm smart, and I'm confident in my smarts, and because I will actually show and prove.

So there. Bitching and moaning, and saying "woe is me!" will get you nowhere. For the love of everything, it's 2012 and if you don't understand the concept of the power of positive thinking (or any thinking for that matter) then I can't even deal with you.

No comments: