'

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

You're Arty. We Get It.



Art-eey. Fart-eey. Part-eey.

I have a crush on Pharrell and everything, but sometimes that nigga be too arty, just to be arty. We get it, bro, you're arty. You're paid, and you're arty, and a camo-tux with sunglasses is ironic when your date is dressed like a salvation army hipster. WE GET IT.

This is like Kanye West, and Beyonce, and Kim, and Solange, and everyone in their peripheral circle of new money cool kids. Just because you're rich and paid, and know how to harness your talents and creative vision doesn't necessarily mean you have good taste, or that every move you make is ART, or needs to be a statement.

I suppose if you're going to Art Basel (gag me with a spoon) then your outfit had better be as pretentious and superficially laced with interpretations as possible, because it IS Art Basel.

.... Yeah. We get it, bro.

And you just know everyone at Art Basel is all a murmur with how moving and influential everyone's shit is. Guys. Really? Just remember there are kids in communities who can't read, but you think the best use of your time, wealth, and "influence" is to rub elbows with the foam at the top.

Money is so glittery. I hope I get all of it one day so I can wash my memory and forget when I was poor.

No comments: