'

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Return of Revenge



This is how I feel every time ABC makes me wait for my show...
You know that saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder," I swear the execs and producers at ABC Studios live and breathe by that shit. And why shouldn't they? The fan bases for their break-out series (Lost, Grey's Anatomy, and now Revenge) are loyal and addicted enthusiasts. So what the hell if you take a six-week hiatus on the juiciest night time soap to emerge since Melrose Place, equipped with all the family drama of Dallas, spilling over with all the glamour and luxury of Dynasty? It's not like ratings are going to hurt for it; the hype's been built, the fan girls tell all their friends, and everybody knows when it's coming back. We're in there, bro.

At this point in the season I'm too busy delighting in the serious melodrama of each character's personal world to be concerned with the story's direction. My favorite character spiral last night was Charlotte. She's got a pill-popping problem now. She's just dumped Declan because he told the press-writer her family hired to spin her brother's innocence that she was high and made up the hooded guy on the beach. And when her mom confronts her for using, and essentially blowing her brother's defense, she's all "My daddy is a felon, my half sister is an arsonist, what do you want from me?" And true to ice-bitch-matriarch form, Victoria cold slapped her. Victoria's all like "Eff your issues that I'm completely responsible for. This is not the time!"  LOVED it.

Also, Victoria's FACE! I love that ruthless bitch.
"Don't start with me, Conrad."
Her ship is sinking and she knows it, but she will kill everyone on that boat and fill the holes with their organs before she goes down, cause fuck it right? I love how she's always subtly smiling, and plotting your punishment with her eyes. Sugar on her lips, venom in her eyes I swear. Except for when she ran into her former lover at the bar. He buys her a drink and they start staring at each other longingly from across the bar. For shame! I'm going to have to try this shit in real life. Could you imagine? Someone would come up to me and ask if everything was all right, if I needed my medicine or something. Either that or they would just joke about it with their friends and then weeks later I'd hear that someone saw me out looking at someone funny. I digress. While I love Victoria's faces my absolute favorite moment from last night's return episode was Emily in that wig. I also loved her closing voice over about the female of the species being the most bad ass. I can't with her though. She takes that guy in the alley to serve him up some punishment and she's all "This is for Jack" ::Punch Punch:: Kick Kick:: "And that's for Daniel." Bitch, you'd better make up your mind! You can not love them both. Because in the end you can't have them both. That Takeda guy is right, she's lost focus hard. Oh, girl.

This is my long lost lover face.
This wig,  I can't.

No comments: