'

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jo-Na Williams Inspires Me



I had so much fun meeting with Jo-Na and learning about her career. I thank her for honestly sharing what prompted her to begin, and what keeps her going. Special thanks to Amy-Iturres Alomia for filming, and being so committed to getting it right that every time the elevator dinged she made us do it again (and for dispensing invaluable advice to me last week regarding shady broads and the world in general.) Click here for our Q+A.


I met Jo-Na Williams on the internet.

Jo-Na Williams
After I fell out with Lucia, and found out I was fired by reading her Facebook status seeking my replacement, I decided the Universe was trying to tell me something (among plenty of other things) - it was time for me start writing all the time. I had no choice but to use my medium and channel to full capacity, to the best of my ability. I spent the second half of May soaking up inspiration everywhere I could find it - online. 

I subscribe to Gabrielle Bernstein's Spirit Junkie newsletter, and one of the perks is she's always sharing great (free!) tools for inspiration. At the end of last month she and a panel of motivational entrepreneurs gave a talk hosted by Womens' Health magazine about following your calling and using the internet positively + with love to create an abundant career. Newsletter subscribers were able to view the talk free on Ustream.

There was a question & answer portion at the end of the talk and Jo-Na sought advice on staying positive during rough patches. Not only could I relate to the question (I'm always in a rough patch!) but I was intrigued by her business. 

I decided to reach out via Facebook because sometimes it really is just as simple as writing an e-mail. Communication is the starting point.

I was thrilled at her positive response and willingness to indulge my endeavors. I'm essentially a nobody with a Facebook page and a blogspot. I don't even use a Mac. I don't even have business cards! But she was receptive and warm to me, and I'm endlessly grateful to be able to share her with you. Click here for our Q+A.

This woman has her *ish together. First of all, she's a lawyer - hellooo! She goes the distance in covering details (I wish she was my editor! Her eyes catch everything...), her website is polished and smooth,  and her clients LOVE her. Though it's easy to see why: Jo-Na is genuine. 

She's invested in what she's doing and she cares more about her work than just being a fancy entertainment lawyer. She's committed to educating, informing, and serving artists - even if they aren't clients (she has a newsletter, and you should sign up!).

Whether or not you're an artists in need of legal advice I hope that Jo-Na's love for her work inspires and motivates everyone who reads this spotlight to listen to your heart, give your energy, and spend your time doing what honestly speaks most to your core. 

If you love it, and you believe it, please do it. Not to be all melodramatic, but I really feel like the future of our whole world is relying on it.


Part Two --->


No comments: