'

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Dog Cat Baby Dream



So I'm waiting for the L Train to Manhattan, and I see this man with two dogs and a baby. The dogs are snapping at the carriage, trying to get the baby. At first the man has them on leashes, but he quickly gets so fed up he takes off the leashes and hurls the animals into the tracks.

Anyone that's ever told me a story, or been to the movies with me knows how dramatic and frequently I gasp. I don't know if I actually, physically gasped while lying in my room, but I definitely heard the gasp in my dream.

So this guy throws these two dogs into the tracks and goes through and underpass to wait for the train to Rockaway Pkwy. Of course these dogs are on a mission, and that mission is to have that baby. So they cross the tracks to the other platform and start jumping and snapping up toward him and the child. They manage to get their teeth on the stroller, so the man takes the baby out of it.

The whole thing is out of control, and eventually somehow the man winds up in the tracks with dogs and baby, and reflecting now (even though this was my dream, and therefore a fabrication of my own subconscious) I wondered if that man even wanted to protect the child, or if he was just putting on a show of mental disturbance.

Finally, this is more than I can bare to watch and gasp at. I cross the underpass and retrieve the baby, who the man has set on the platform while he sort of fights off the dogs. I'm holding the child and telling the man to get back on the platform before the train comes, but he won't.

The train comes and runs him over, and supposedly the dogs as well - though I never heard their yelps or howls. So I get on the train with this baby, who's suddenly got the face of one those blind cats, but still the body of a human infant. Also the baby has pooped itself, and is licking my face. It's pretty awful.

I get off at an imaginary station where it meets with the J and the M by the project/coops on Lorimer. I was on my way to see a former friend of mine whom it was understood knew magic. Somehow we tracked down catfacebaby's family (likely through magic). It turns out they were all dead. Catface was one in a litter of five. The mother had died giving birth, and the other four babies met earlier demises as well. There were pictures of them all, and not one member of this unfortunate clan looked like a real human.

I don't remember how the dream concluded. I also don't recall ever changing catfacebaby. I just remember holding this heavy, smelly, and apparently cursed piece of flesh.

1 comment:

PetitLolita3 said...

What if I told you that you were the baby..

*GASP!*