'

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Reflections: Get Up And Try



Wow. This song. This video. Love (& Life) In. General.


The song gives me major Journey. The video gives me major poetry in motion.

I once fell in love. Accidentally, uncontrollably. It didn't quite go as planned, and I nursed that hurt for longer than a hot minute.

I once lost a friend that I'd give almost anything to get back, and I spent a long time brewing and stewing in my anger over it.

I once lost sight of the point of the everything. Because I'm dramatic that way.

I'm over that period now. There aren't very many details to how I got out of it. I just had to endure the pain, and think things through until I reach conclusions I was comfortable with.

The truth is things end. People die, people leave you. People pretend to care, people lie, and they turn their backs on you. People hurt the people the love - sometimes on purpose, sometimes because they can't help it.

Sometimes the things you want are not meant to be.

And just because it feels like you want to crawl in a hole and die over it doesn't mean you get to.

You can lie there and cry and wallow, but that doesn't mean the Earth is going to swallow you up. The Earth doesn't care for your tears, neither does the Universe. You just have to buck the fuck up and keep going.

And just because things don't always go as planned doesn't mean you have to be defeated forever. It's really not about winning or losing because every one has their highs and lows - and no one really knows how to quit while they're ahead anyway.

It's about how you play the game.

The Universe will love you and beat you at the same time. The Universe is greater than you, but you just have to live relentlessly. Because what's the alternative? Crying?

I'll pass. 

No comments: